Projekt has released a new Excelsis Christmas/Winter themed compilation CD, Excelsis 3 ~ a Prelude, which kicks off with our cover of John Denver’s catchy folk-pop song, “Aspenglow.” This is actually the first song featuring Anji to appear on a Projekt release… Several sneak-peek tracks from our upcoming album are also available on MP3.com, so come take a listen!
We just created a 4 song MP3.com DAM CD of our 1999-2000 atmospheric d’n’b tracks, called the Ecstatic EP, for those fans looking to pick up the full dance versions. Hope all you DJs out there have a CD turntable!
Love Spirals Downwards’ 1998 Flux track, “Psyche” – featuring the vocals of Kristen Perry – will be used in an episode of Dawson’s Creek on October 10th, 2001. Dawson’s creek airs Wednesdays at 8 PM, on the WB Network.
Water Music Records just released 2 various artist compilations with Lovespirals tracks. We’re excited to be included on a comp with one of our favorite producers, LTJ Bukem! You can listen to RealAudio or Windows Media files at their site, as well as make an online purchase, so check it out…
- Chill Out Lounge Vol. 2: 12 track mixed set of chill electronic grooves, including LTJ Bukem, Baby Mammoth, France & Dom, and more. The Lovespirals tune included is a special edit of our 1999 Jazz-Step song, “Hand in Hand”. Check out the Water Music Chill-Out Lounge v. 2 page for details.
- Chill Out in the City: 12 track comp of Jazzy Down Tempo featuring Baby Mammoth, ORG Lounge, France & Dom and more. The Lovespirals tune included is the 1999 instrumental, “Beatitude,” featuring Doron Orenstein and Gabriel D. Vine of L.A. Deep House band, Toof!. Check out the Water Music Chill-Out in the City page for details.
iMuse wrote a nice little feature story on the band, past and present, for the May issue of the Women of Mp3.com. It’s still up this month, so check it out! A new Lovespirals-related online interview with Anji just went up on the DAXX site. There’s a slightly older online interview with her on the Violet Collection site, as well.
I’ll be DJ’ing in Long Beach, California on Thursday September 16th from 9 to 10:30 pm at the mellow coffeehouse club, Dervish. Dervish runs 7 PM to midnight at Portfolio, 2300 E. 4th St., 562-434-2486. Resident DJs Glenn Bach and Chowderhead, along with guest DJs and musicians, perform a wide variety of electronic and analog music, including ambient, dub, drone, downtempo, IDM, drum-and-bass, and free jazz. Visual artists provide a spatial environment of video, projections, and loops.
“Hand in Hand,” featuring the jazzy vocals of Anji, is included in this week’s “vote for your favorite song of the week” contest on the official MP3.com station, Women of MP3.com. So please come vote for us now!
Saturday, August 12th: DJ Ryan Lum spins a late-night/early-morning set in the chillout room of the Family 6th Year Anniversary Party in Los Angeles. For more info, please call (213) 891-4756 or (818) 503-7535.
We just added another unreleased new track, called “Hand in Hand,” to our mp3.com page. This is the flip side of the “Ecstatic” duplate that I’ve been including in my recent DJ sets. Once again, it features the sax of Doron and vocals of Anji, and is even more jazzy than “Ecstatic.” If you enjoyed “Misunderstood,” from Temporal, you’re bound to dig this track, too!
We just launched a band page on MP3.com! Included is a new unreleased song, “Ecstatic,” which features recent collaborators Doron Orenstein (saxophone) and Anji Bee (vocals). Go to mp3.com/lovepirals to listen to our FREE streaming and downloadable MP3s on MP3.com.
In other news, Love Spirals Downwards have been included on another new compilation CD, the Side-Line Magazine presentation of Diva X Machina 3, on Cop International — along with Diamanda Galas, Danielle Dax, Gitane Demone and many other female fronted bands. The song included is my remix of “Alicia” from Temporal.
I will be interviewed live on Outsight Cyber Radio Sunday, June 25th, 8pm EST/5pm PST. Please tune in via the internet at his site. Tom will be archiving the interview as a RealAudio file, for those of you who can’t tune in live, so check his site for that! [Ed. note: search for “Ambient electronica group Love Spirals Downwards”]
We’ve been included on several compilation CDs recently released, including:
- Claire Voyant – Time Again (Accession Records): a remix project CD including Front 242, Haujobb, Trance to the Sun, VNV Nation and many others. Anji and I remixed their track “Bittersweet” in a jazzy, atmospheric drum ‘n’ bass style, featuring sax by our pal, Doron, of Toof. More details are available from Accession.
- Heartbeats (Mascara): this cool German comp focuses on electronica acts with “tender feelings” such as Moby, Sneaker Pimps, Smith & Mighty, Marc Almond, Nightmares on Wax and more. Flux’s “Psyche,” featuring Kristen Perry on vocals, is the chosen LSD cut.
- Projekt 100: The Early Years, 1985 to 1995 (Projekt Records): this is a compilation of vintage Projekt band recordings, in celebration of their 100th release. The Love Spirals Downwards track is the 50 Years of Sunshine mix of “Kykeon,” which some fans have lamented having not been included on Temporal. More details are available from Projekt.
- Darkwave: Music of the Shadows v2 (K-Tel): Projekt Records founder, Sam Rosenthal, helped to compile this collection of darkwave-related bands such as: Cocteau Twins, Lycia, Miranda Sex Garden and more. “Forgo,” from Love Spirals Downwards’ debut album, Idylls, is the first track of the album. More details are available from Projekt.